CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Drive to use for QuickBkkso Pro 2001 backup; link?

I had to replace my old QB 2001 with OB Por 2001 and didn't realize it would have to covnert a file. I haven't been able to use a OBB file in years; have been relying on gzipping the QBW filee I have both the QBW and the QBB. ABPro 2001 insists on backing up the OBW file itself but doesn't like the folder (QuickBooks Pro) it selected for itself (and yes, I checked to see that it was there). Neither did it like anything I could offer it on the Y: drive, which is where I have been keeping the OBW file and linking it to the old OB2001 folder. Any ideas?

You might try this;
Start> Crossover> Configuration> Manage Bottles> (Select the appropriate bottle)> Configure> Control Panel> (icon for) Winecfg> Drives> Once there, look at the drives assigned. You can add, delete, and edit the drives from this screen. You could also use the Autodetect feature, although this might give you more drives than you want. In which case, you could always remove any unwanted drives.
After confirming that you have all the appropriate drives assigned that you want or need, exit out of everything and relaunch your program.
Once in your QB program, do;
File> Open and scroll around to find files. If you can find the file that you want to use as backup, you should be able to open it. If you can open it, you can also use it for backup.
I don't have QuickBooks, but I do have Quicken Deluxe 2009. In the last bit;
File> Find Quicken Files ...... is an option on mine. It found every qdata file on my computer after about a 10 minute search. Some of them were from my old Quicken98, and had to be converted before I could open them. I didn't bother with that, but I thought it was interesting that it found even those.

Being that you have QuickBooks and I have Quicken 2009, there might be some differences in the Quicken program itself, but the Crossover configuration of the drives is identical for all bottles.
I hope this was helpful.

owa

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzIyMDIyMTE0LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiM1laR2RkNnB5ZHl2cDdWayIsImdkcHIiOjB9