CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Powerpoint 2007

Hi,

I installed COL 8 and implemented afterwards Office 2007. I have to face a strange problem: When I want to open a pptx-file (only 370 Kb), nothing happend but a frozen screen. On the other hand Word 2007 and Excel 2007 are working fine.

Does anybody know a solution?

Best regards
Helmut

Are you able to open any other pptx files, or create new ones? (i.e. does this problem appear to be specific to the individual file, or does it affect everything with powerpoint)

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the hints.

I played a little bit and create new pptx-files, did some copy actions (copy and paste), could them open directly or with a double-click, so I have to say - excuse me ---> wrong alert -.

As you wrote there is might be a hidden "xxx" in the individual pptx-file. But the real reason I think I cannot find out.

Again - thank you very much.

Best regards
Helmut

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzIyMDIyMTE0LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY0xTeDlzMzJSTGNjUGY0WSIsImdkcHIiOjB9