CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Expired Bottle?

Hello,
I have Crossover 12.5.1 installed. I've been running since Oct 10th when I purchased the software. Today I'm getting a message that this is an evaluation version of CrossOver & this bottle expired 2 days ago.

On the main Crossover window it clearly shows that the software is registered:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3sau11hr8t6wcd3/Screen%20Shot%202013-11-11%20at%201.07.02%20PM.png
But running the application yields this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3jakvavsibtl26s/Screen%20Shot%202013-11-11%20at%2012.51.08%20PM.png

Please help.
Mano

Edit: I tried removing:
~/Library/Preferences/com.codeweavers.CrossOver.license
~/Library/Preferences/com.codeweavers.CrossOver.sig
& then re registering. Still get the error that the bottle has expired.

Do you happen to have deleted your y: or z: drives in the bottle in question? That used to be something which some of our users did on a regular basis, but it is not a supported configuration any longer and will cause the behavior you are seeing.

If you have not done that, please open a support ticket.

I encountered this problem about a week ago, filed a Ticket at http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/browse/?ticket_id=970691;layout=user_tickets;sort%5Bstatus%5D=ASC, and have since provided updates there, most recently after reading http://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=27;mhl=140457;msg=140457#msg140457 and deleting license files, reinstalling and reregistering CrossOver 13.0 etc.

As mentioned in the Ticket, I'm an Advocate who took advantage of the Flock the Vote giveaway, and my Account Type now reads Customer rather than Advocate. I wonder if my Expired Bottles are due to Flock the Vote fallout. Although I was warned and offered an opportunity to renew support (and am, I believe, still within the 30-day window to do so), I haven't paid to renew because as an Advocate I'm supposed to be able to get CrossOver for free, and to be able to test and rank Windows apps (and especially those for which I'm an Advocate) with a new version of CrossOver. Right now, I'm unable to do that.

I'd appreciate any suggestions from the Community on how I might overcome this obstacle.

Thanks,

Lawrence

" I haven't paid to renew because as an Advocate I'm supposed to be able to get CrossOver for free, - and to be able to test and rank Windows apps (and especially those for which I'm an Advocate) with a new version of CrossOver."

Codeweavers is a fairly small company, - which deserves your support, - if you value it's products over the major player.

therefore, - you should consider a paid support level. 😯
( even if it's via one of their <regular> discount promo's )

in the meantime, - since it's really a licensing issue, - wait for support, to respond to your ticket.

It definitely appears from the ticket that this is a bug - I'm grateful for the valuable debugging logs attached to the ticket, because they will help troubleshoot the problem more quickly.

Having same problem here. Been running Quicken 2012 on my Mac using CrossOver 13 for some time with excellent results. When I launched today, was notified: This is an evaluation version of CrossOver, and this bottle expired 1 days ago. However, my registration profile indicates my license is good through Feb 2014. Suggestions? Thanks.

Kind of an old thread, but applicable here as the same fix should work for you:

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=27;forumcurPos=200;msg=140457

mnowling wrote:

Having same problem here. Been running Quicken 2012 on my Mac using
CrossOver 13 for some time with excellent results. When I launched
today, was notified: This is an evaluation version of CrossOver,
and this bottle expired 1 days ago. However, my registration
profile indicates my license is good through Feb 2014. Suggestions?
Thanks.

In case that thread did not help you, you can try this:

1.) Quit CrossOver
2.) Cut and paste the following into a terminal window:

rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.codeweavers.CrossOver.license
rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.codeweavers.CrossOver.sig

(If you do not know how to use the terminal at all, it's pretty easy: just open 'Terminal.app' from /Applications/Utilities and paste the two lines above into the window that appears. If you have trouble, feel free to post back here).

3.) Launch CrossOver again.

If that doesn't help, post here or file a support ticket.

Pierre, thanks for your excellent points. I will support Codeweavers by paying to extend their support.

Ironically, it was my dual role of Advocate and expired free Customer that seemed to cause problems, but given what's been learned, I'm willing to risk a recurrence. <g> I truly don't need to run Windows software more than once or twice a year, but it's far better value for me to use CrossOver/OmniPage 17 for OCR and file conversions than to look for an OS X equivalent, plus there's no Windows license needed. I'm sold.

David, thanks for posting a link to last January's discussion. I'd seen it, and tried that route, but it seems that I might have had two license files, and had initially found only one. You were on the right track.

It's gratifying to get this kind of community support as well as what Josh Dubois provided, and to read that I'm not the only one to have experienced this type of problem recently. To me, the collaborative effort between Codeweavers staff, advocates and customers, is remarkable. Thanks to all.

Lawrence

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQjloQ0pBQnNhd3d4djN3biIsImdkcHIiOjB9