CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

how to set the sound bitrate?

I am trying to get a game to work and it has a problem I remember having encountered before but I forgot how I solved it there. The problem is that I hear no sound and the solution given is to set the bitrate to 48000. While googling I found that the bitrate can be set in Wine using winecfg but then I saw that the Audio tab in the CrossOver Wine Configuration lacks that setting. Checking further I fell over a tutorial page for CrossOver for Linux that explains the lack of these options and how to do stuff using regedit. All very useful but I can't find any of these options in the registry on the Mac.

So my question is, how do I set the sound bitrate for a program in a bottle in CrossOver on a Mac?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWlF3NkZyUFphYVRwRVZhSiIsImdkcHIiOjB9