CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package error upon startup

I've been trying to get a particular game to work so in my efforts I installed Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package 2008 and then 2010 into a particular bottle. But it didn't help so I uninstalled them. But now any time I load up crossover and click on the icon in the dock when it loads, it throws an error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: Z:\Applications\CrossOver....

R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

And then it has an OK button but when I click it the error box just reappears over and over and over again.

How do I get rid of this? Please help!! Do I have to just completely uninstall and then reinstall CrossOver?

The uninstall feature for a bottle is incomplete. It doesn't cleanly uninstall applications for various reasons. You can add MSVC++ 2008 back to the bottle and it will likely go away... actually the R6034 error usually applies to MSVC++2005. Otherwise, if the installation of the application you're trying to get to work is easy, you can simply create a new bottle and throw away the affected one.

Ah okay, that explains it. Guess I'll just have to make a new bottle and get rid of the other one. Thanks. Btw, are there any plans to improve the uninstaller at some point or otherwise a work around to actually uninstall software without starting a new bottle?

Ha ha, don't ask too much, even on windows the uninstaller leaves crumbs behind! Might it just be the damn crud in the idiotic registry, after a while installing and uninstalling will leave you with a very slow Windows at best.

Since you can just delete bottles, I would say Crossover is already better than windows at uninstalling / cleaning up.

Just my little rant on the matter.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibnRVTlF4Ukd2UmNoUzh0aCIsImdkcHIiOjB9