CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Networking. Does it work?

Hello

I am using Crossover 11.2.2 with two bottles, one for Visio Professional 2010 and another for Internet Explorer 8.

Niether of these bottles seem to be able to access the network. IE simply hangs saying "connecting" and Visio 2010 help does not work.

What I need to do to enable the bottles to be able to use the network (after all a browser with not network access is pointless)

The computer has two interfaces en0 (wireless) and en6 which is a USB thunderbolt.

The Mac network is up when I am trying the above.

I am running OSX 10.8.2 on a Macbook Air.

Regards

Have you checked all your setting in preferences? there might be something you can change there to make it work :)

Yes, networking should work out of the box. Have you tried to reinstall crossover? (Your bottles would not be deleted.)
As many times I needed Internet Explorer, it connected to the internet, no problem. I hope you will be able to sort it this way.

For IE8, there are some additional steps to take before the browser is actually functional as a browser:

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=4225;tips=1

You should find that after making the changes advised, above, IE8 is (more) functional (but still not great).

As for Visio 2010 - the Help system in MS Office apps has historically failed in Crossover. This isn't an internet connection problem, it's that the help system calls on a number of browser and other windows OS elements that aren't implemented in Crossover.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoickh4aG5HelVTdXJTcTltViIsImdkcHIiOjB9