CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Collected all of my installed DX11 games and tried them on CrossOver 20, most of them are having black screen issues/won't run

Hi there!

I collected a lots of DX11 games and tried them on Crossover 20, but almost all of them are have black screen issues or just crashing at launch.
If you need logs then tell me how to get them and I'll try to collect for all of them, I really want to help you all because I really like playing DX9 games on CrossOver. But there are still things that just isn't normal (I think).

Here is the list:
Assassin's Creed Syndicate: Crash after the cinematic
Atelier Ryza: Working
Blair Witch: Running, but only showing a Black Screen
Beyond Two Souls: Running, stuttering when moving (when caching textures), minor shadow bug
Borderlands 3: Won't run
Chernobylite: Freezing after logo
Conarium: Freezing after logo
Darksiders Genesis: Won't run
Devil May Cry 5: Freezing after new game
Dishonored 2 and Death of The Outsider: Running, few minor visual bugs, unplayable when caching textures (when you move)
Dragon Star Varnir: Running but laggy
Far Cry New Dawn: Won't run
Gang Beasts: Running, need to disable Depth of Field, Textures missing
Genshin Impact: Error, won't start after download finished (won't run on VM err)
Gray Dawn: Running, but only showing a Black Screen
GreedFall: "Application stopped working"
Need for Speed Heat: Won't run
Nier Automata: "Application stopped working"
Outlast II: Black screen, only GUI showing up
Phasmophobia: Working, some visual bugs
Resident Evil 2: Won't run
Resident Evil 7: Error after new game
Rocket League (New): Running well, very minor visual bugs
SEKIRO Shadows Die Twice: Freezing after new game
Shadow of The Tomb Raider: Won't run
Subnautica: Working, some textures missing/cache lag at beginning
The Forest: Working, turn off Motion Blur
Visage: Black Screen
Welcome to The Game I: OK, buggy mouse
Welcome to the Game II: Freeze after new game
Wounded: OK, buggy mouse

Some little itch.io games:
Cookies: Running, need to turn VHS off, buggy mouse
Dead End Road: Working, no problems
FM: Brightness slider not working, too dark
Lost in Vivo: Black Screen
Paratopic: Working

Also I see very high CPU usage on almost all games, including not demanding ones too (VNs for example).
Games are running with an RX 5700 GPU.
Same on MBP 13,1, iMac17,1 and on a powerful hackintosh. Catalina 10.15.7 and Big Sur 11.0.1, CrossOver 20.0.2

Thanks for your hard work, I hope it'll improve!

CrossOver on macOS isn’t built with gstreamer so some of these games will crash due to this, while wine/wine64 “could” be complied with gstreamer currently wine32on64 can’t without a huge headache of adding modification for using the llvm/clang trunking code generation.

Some other games might also require add it back workaround that CrossOver doesn’t do by default.

I have the same issue with kind of old MMOPRP called Astonia 3
www.astonia.eu

by "same" i mean i have black screen issue. i can see clearly that i have logged into game (on window header it shows character name) and can even move in game (when i log in with fullscreen mode i can say character has moved from original position), but screen is just black.

I have tried all different possible settings but none of them works for windowed mode (eventho the game client itself also offeres windowed mode settings).
Fullscreen works just fine.
Anyone with better knowledge of computers and crossover down for helping me fix this issue perhaps?
I would be keen to help as much as i could ofcourse.

BR
Mirko
[image=][image=/Users/mirko/Desktop/Screenshot 2020-12-04 at 12.09.04.png]

Mirko Poder wrote:

I have the same issue with kind of old MMOPRP called Astonia 3
www.astonia.eu

by "same" i mean i have black screen issue. i can see clearly that i
have logged into game (on window header it shows character name) and
can even move in game (when i log in with fullscreen mode i can say
character has moved from original position), but screen is just
black.

I have tried all different possible settings but none of them works
for windowed mode (eventho the game client itself also offeres
windowed mode settings).
Fullscreen works just fine.
Anyone with better knowledge of computers and crossover down for
helping me fix this issue perhaps?
I would be keen to help as much as i could ofcourse.

BR
Mirko
[image=][image=/Users/mirko/Desktop/Screenshot 2020-12-04 at
12.09.04.png]

You’d need to provide a log that can be looked over, most lightly or being an older game it might need a native d3d compiler override to function

log file

log file

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibkJ2ZWtmZ3ZkSGVWeXpIcyIsImdkcHIiOjB9