CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Graphics distorted on snow leopard reboot

I currently have an issue that i think has something to do with crossover games. Whenever i reboot my mac and it loads back into the os the image seems to be using minimal colors and the desktop is distorted. i don't have a screenshot at the moment but will add one later. The only thing that fixes it is to open and close crossover a few times then it goes back to normal i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows of a fix?

I've seen some similar graphical weirdness on my last Mac, but that was a hardware issue. I'd guess this is, as well, and that Crossover happens to be play a useful role in a workaround. I would love to see a screenshot.

Assuming that you don't have Crossover set to open up when you first login (which is what I understand), I think it's extremely unlikely that Crossover is somehow culpable. If opening and closing ("opening" being key) Crossover a few times seems to resolve the issue, that might suggest that the fix happens when X11 (or maybe openGL?) is "poked" by Crossover during bottle initialization, kind of like hitting the side of the TV to straighten out the picture.

I would think computer specs would be helpful.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUHhLS1A3VWhXSnl3a1ZkYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9