CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Help with Windows Media Player

Hi. I'm trying out Crossover for Mac and I tried installing Windows Media Player 11. It didn't work and then I looked on this website and found out it's not compatible with Crossover.

So, I tried to install Windows Media Player 10, but I keep getting an error saying that a newer version of Windows Media Player is already installed.

I tried deleting Windows Media Player 11 files using the Manage Bottles... command. I got rid of all applications that said Windows Media 11 in it. However, when I try installing Windows Media Player 10, I still get the message saying that a newer version is already installed.

Does anyone know how I can get rid of Windows Media Player 11 entirely?

Thanks.

Sky

Not sure how you do that, but have you tried just creating a new bottle and installing WMP10 instead of trying to remove WMP11 from the current bottle?

I just tried installing it in a different bottle but, after it had almost finished installing, it displayed an "An internal application error has occurred" so maybe version 10 isn't compatible either.

Hi,

The only way I know to get wmp-10 installed, is to install IE7 into
the bottle first, then install wmp-10 (I use the wmp-10 installer from
http://www.oldversion.com/download-Windows%20Media%20Player-10.html )...

...I wouldn't say wmp-10 is all that stable, but it does work...

Cheers!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzE0NjY3NDcwLCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNWVlUkVtV0xnMkp4Z1E0dSIsImdkcHIiOjB9