CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Trial version IMG defect

Hello,

I'm trying to run an evaluation version of crossover on my recent imac 27'(intel cpu ...) and after downloading the DMG
I'm unable to open (mount) it.

I get the following feedback pop-up:
Unable to open de following disk images:
crossover-games-demo-9.0.0.dmg raison: Not recognised

This a a translation from the french feedback as I'm running MacOs in french.

Can you please provide me with some assistance.
I was planning to open a ticket but I can't since it's an evaluation version and there is no way I'll buy this product if it doesn't work for me/my config/ ...

here is the link I use to download it:
http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxgames/download_trial/download_links_macosx/

And the downloaded target weights only 4KB and not 40MB.
Link or target problem I suppose.

Hi,

Curious...I just tried that link and it worked fine...

...hard to identify a problem when I can't recreate it...

..where did you get the figure 40mb from? (it's actually 50.4mb)...

....I can put the file somewhere else for you to download if you
like, but the link does appear to be working fine here....hmm...
are you on the english or french site ?...

Cheers!

Strange. I just tried it again and reached the same issue.
I'm trying from the .com page mentioned earlier.
[b]

From the download page I see the link with the dmg icon[/b]

-If i try to save links target I get that small unsupported DMG.

I got the 40mb figure from the tooltip of the download link:
[i]Télécharger Télécharger CrossOver Games
Au format DMG d'Apple Comment installer ?
Taille : 40 Mo [/i]

Thanks for your rapid assistance.
Saving the file elsewhere might fasten the process. :)

Ok found the problem.
There might be something to do in the translate french version of the download page.

When I switch the home page to english and then paste the download link in the URL bar the link operates just fine.

Hi,
Ahh...ok...so it's the link on the french site being strange...
I'll get one of the codeweavers Ninjas to take a look at it...

Cheers!

The problem with the download link on the French side of the website is now fixed. The download works perfect as of now and you can enjoy CrossOver Games 9.0. Yeah!!!!! Isn't life awesome?

Hi,

We fixed the download link and you should be able to use it now without any problem. As for the the mac not being able to mount the DMG, that's probably the result of a corrupt (or incomplete) download. Please re-download the file and see how it works. If it doesn't work, let me know so I can provide you with an ftp link that you can usse to download directly from us.

Le lien de téléchargement en Français est redevenu fonctionnel. Vous pouvez l'utiliser sans problèmes. Je crois que le fait que votre Mac ne puisse pas monter le DMG est le résulat d'un téléchargement incomplet ou corrompu. Essayez de re-télécharger et si ça ne fonctionne toujours pas, tenez-moi au courant pour que je vous donne un accès ftp pour télécharger directement depuis chez nous.

Kossi

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicVdOTnV6R2VmY1l0d3VUQyIsImdkcHIiOjB9