CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

M1 + Steam + PS4 controller (bluetooth)?

I'm using an M1 Max, Steam on Crossover 21.2, and I'm trying to use a PS4 controller via bluetooth. I can't seem to get any controller input going, and if I go into the Steam options, it opens the blue Steam big picture screen but there's no text anywhere. Any ideas?

Hi there,

A PS4 connected via Bluetooth should work well on Mac. To confirm CrossOver does see your controller, you can launch "Game Controllers" in the Control Panels and see if input is recognized there. If that works, it's possible there is something game-specific going on.

Best,
Meredith

Just FYI and for others, I'm using a PS5 dualsense and it works perfectly once you configure it in Steam.

Crossover 22.0.1.
PS4 controller
M1 Max

Controller connects and works through Bluetooth fine on native steam and parallels steam. But no good on Crossover steam. As everyone else, it can been seen inputting on crossover controller settings. But starting multiple games it no longer works. Same issue with Big picture mode, no text just large menu shapes.

JohnBBB wrote:

Just FYI and for others, I'm using a PS5 dualsense and it works perfectly once you configure it in Steam.

This isn't entirely accurate. Many functions of the Dualsense are not working, for example, gyro and touchpads. I am not currently aware of any workarounds to this either.

Travis Tameirao wrote:

JohnBBB wrote:

This isn't entirely accurate. Many functions of the Dualsense are not working, for example, gyro and touchpads. I am not currently aware of any workarounds to this either.

Aside from the missing functionality mentioned here, my PS5 controller also works fine. I don't have a PS4 controller to test, but I would think it would work.

Ryan Band wrote:

Crossover 22.0.1.
PS4 controller
M1 Max

Controller connects and works through Bluetooth fine on native steam and parallels steam. But no good on Crossover steam. As everyone else, it can been seen inputting on crossover controller settings. But starting multiple games it no longer works. Same issue with Big picture mode, no text just large menu shapes.

Crossover 22.1.0
PS4 controller
M1 Pro

I encountered same problems, it can been seen inputting on crossover controller settings, but "Steam" and games are not working.

LoS-Light wrote:

Ryan Band wrote:

Crossover 22.0.1.
PS4 controller
M1 Max

Crossover 22.1.0
PS4 controller (Bluetooth)
M1 Pro

I encountered same problems, it can been seen inputting on crossover controller settings, but "Steam" and games are not working.

Ok, after I spending much time to figure out how to fix my PS4 controller input problem.
Now everything are working now. (All controller buttons and Rumble are working perfectly with bluetooth)

And here is my solution step :

1. Uninstall "CrossOver" completely. (You can use "CrossOver Removal Tool" which can download from codeweavers.com website)
  2. Update MacOS version to the latest version. (My OS version is Ventura 13.2.1)
  3. Re-install "Rosetta 2".
  4. Re-pair PS4 controller with Bluetooth.
  5. Re-install "CrossOver".
  6. Install "Steam" application from "CrossOver" main page and modify installation detail, change container OS from default "Windows 7 x64" to "Windows 10 x64".
  7. Check controller settings from the CrossOver Panel to confirm PS4 controller is connected before running the "Steam" application.
  8. Run "Steam" application and login into your account, download your games directly. (Do not change any controller settings in "Steam")
  9. Run you game directly without changing any controller settings.
  10. Try your PS4 controller.

I have a slightly different problem - the gamepad works on some games (noita and Sable) but not other newer games I have just bought (Hardspace ship breaker and Valheim).

Big picture mode works too with my PS4 game pad, so I guess it must be the games in question.

I am having problems with both of the following controllers:

• DualSense (PS5) - connected via bluetooth
  • Xbox series X - connected via bluetooth

Both controllers connect to CrossOver and can be seen working in crossover. Both controllers connect to steam, all buttons work in the test controller section.

However, when using D3DMetal several games don't function correctly (incorrectly mapped buttons etc). The problem goes away if I switch to DXVK.

Disabling steam input doesn't fix this, using big picture has no impact. Enabling steam input results in the controller not being seen by the game at all (although being seen by steam).

1 to 10 of 10

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiR3BucHlaTEZMZWdQRTJySiIsImdkcHIiOjB9