CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Missing textures and "green snow" artifacts on Witcher 3 Blood and Wine expansion

Just got to the Blood and Wine DLC and it seems that there are areas where there seems to be missing textures.

Anyone else see this issue? Running Witcher 3 with Crossover 21.2, no DXVK/MoltenVK mods.

In the middle of reinstalling the game to see if its caused by corrupted textures. Everything else works fine, or at least as expected with the known invisible monsters.

Update: Just reinstalled the game and it looks like the issue persists. So it does not seem like corrupted textures here. Probably related to DXVK as well. Anyone knows how to potentially debug and fix this?

It's still playable, just annoying to see weird textures like this. it looks like some new water/wet texture overlays introduced only in Toussaint in Blood and Wine.

MoltenVK lacks support for geometryshader and transformfeedback these are required for the these issues, those are also needed to avoid the black screen issue seen in Unity engine titles.

There’s still an open Radar with Apple asking them to implement these features, Metal 3 does bring something close to geometryshader (when ever that gets implemented into MoltenVK), but Metal3 still doesn’t provide transformfeedback.

The above isn’t obvious in logs when using the provided DXVK/MoltenVK or versions based on theses.

I don't experience anything like that in any part of Witcher 3, no green snow no textures missing. (MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro, Crossover 21.2, GOG Witcher 3 latest version with all the DLCs, MacOS Ventura B3, DXVK 1.10.1 with Async patch). The only problem I have in some missions is invisible enemies, and from what I know everyone has that.

Stefanos Dardanos wrote:

I don't experience anything like that in any part of Witcher 3, no green snow no textures missing. (MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro, Crossover 21.2, GOG Witcher 3 latest version with all the DLCs, MacOS Ventura B3, DXVK 1.10.1 with Async patch). The only problem I have in some missions is invisible enemies, and from what I know everyone has that.

Hmm. Have you started with the Blood and Wine DLC? this issue only shows up in the Toussaint area. I’ve played through the main game and the Heart of Stone DLC (which is primarily around Novigrad/Oxenfurt areas and this “green show” issue doesn’t appear at all.

I too installed using GOG’s GOTY version patched to v1.32.

Dean Greer wrote:

MoltenVK lacks support for geometryshader and transformfeedback these are required for the these issues, those are also needed to avoid the black screen issue seen in Unity engine titles.

There’s still an open Radar with Apple asking them to implement these features, Metal 3 does bring something close to geometryshader (when ever that gets implemented into MoltenVK), but Metal3 still doesn’t provide transformfeedback.

The above isn’t obvious in logs when using the provided DXVK/MoltenVK or versions based on theses.

So this sounds like issues relating to DXVK/MoltenVK as well. The devs must have introduced some new shader/texture elements in the new maps in the Blood and Wine DLC. Thankfully its not as bad as the completely invisible monsters. On Metal 3, from what I heard, it would only apply to Apple Silicon and not AMD dGPUs or eGPUs on Intel-based Macs. Is that right?

@peaz wrote:

Stefanos Dardanos wrote:

Hmm. Have you started with the Blood and Wine DLC? this issue only shows up in the Toussaint area. I’ve played through the main game and the Heart of Stone DLC (which is primarily around Novigrad/Oxenfurt areas and this “green show” issue doesn’t appear at all.

I too installed using GOG’s GOTY version patched to v1.32.

Yes I have played Blood & Wine DLC, (the whole game actually), numerous times with no other problems than the invisible enemies.

Stefanos Dardanos wrote:

Yes I have played Blood & Wine DLC, (the whole game actually), numerous times with no other problems than the invisible enemies.

The invisible enemies one isn’t going away until we have geometryshaders & transformfeedback supported in MoltenVK to resolve the issues seen when using DXVK.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS1h5azhNQVg2bTVFNFNzNSIsImdkcHIiOjB9