CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver ChromeOS
Discussion about CrossOver ChromeOS and Android

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover 24.0.0.1 update problem

Subsequent to upgrading linux container on Dell Inspiron Chromebook, update to Crossover 24.0.0.1 hangs with an authentification for superuser error. Error not encountered updating non upgraded Lenovo Chromebook.

Hi Ian,

Please enter a support ticket so a member of our team can assist.

Best,
Meredith

Support ticket as requested: 1432707

Will downloading the trial and installing normally, act as an upgrade?

afternoon.

did you ever receive any feedback on a solution? I have a similar situation where I needed to install CrossOver on a new Chromebook and use the Linux version (always used the Chrome OS version previously) and it's asking me for superuser credentials when I try to unlock it the normal route.

No response so far.

Ian

I attempted an update using a current trial copy of 24.0.0, and it eventually updated my install.

Just attempted an update of an application (Total Commander 32bit vn 11.03), and ran into a request for authentication of Superuser. Entering the Password and closing the 'Detail box" dialog, allowed the update to Proceed successfully.

thanks for sharing those options.

I finally received word back that they are having some issues since ChromeOS recently updated the Linux VM to a different version of Debian. While they work out the bugs, the workaround (for my unlock situation related to a new install of CrossOver) is to manually download the license files and place all those files in /opt/cxoffice/etc and then restart Crossover.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzE1MTc3Njg1LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicnVtVXNwOXg2SmhLaEo0SiIsImdkcHIiOjB9