Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Must Be On C: Drive & C: Drive Must Be Boot Drive

Good Morning!

I finally gave up on trying to do this by myself for the past week! I had the trial version, which led me to recently purchase the full license, and had not had any issues with any of my software installing and running until this one. The software is AstroGeometry and it's older version MagiAstroSoftPro. Neither of them work and I think I might know what is causing it but not how to resolve it, here's the gist...

It gives me the following errors:

1. Drive must be installed on C: drive and C: drive must be your boot drive.
  2. Invalid Installation - code 65. Program is shutting down.

My boot drive, I believe is the Z: drive, not the C:, correct?

If so, I think the main issue might be just that. That my boot drive is recognized as the Z: drive, instead of the required C:. I already contacted them about seeing if I could change it within their software but it is not possible. How can I change it within CrossOver? To make sure CrossOver recognizes the software installed under C: AstroGeometry and C: be recognized as the boot drive? Everything else seems to be fine. It downloaded the software without any issue and it even created the app within the mac, but running it is the problem. It attempts to load and I get the error messages.

Please Help!!!
Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me here so I don't continue pulling my hair out, hehe! 😊

Regards,
Leylann

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUDZHUXhTd3JDZ1Q0Y0JLdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9