Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

I can't figure out what is going on

I posted this in the General Mac section but did not get a response:

I created a bottle and installed a program called Notepad++. Though unsupported, it appear appears to work as expected. It is a text/code editor.

It has a feature that enables a document created in the application to be launched in a browser. It must, I assume, have a windows version of a browser installed in Crossover.

I installed IE 7 in a new bottle (Keeping applications separate was recommended)

When I try open an .html document created in Notepad++, it opens something entitled Wine Internet Explorer. What is this?
The Html code executes correctly except that <title></title> doe not display in the title bar.

If I open IE 7 directly, it is the actual IE7 and furthermore reports an error and closes. What is happening here?

Is it necessary to install IE 7 in the same bottle as notepad++. When an application is opened which bottle is called into service the standalone version or the one that contains both application.

Update: I tried installing the IE7 in the same bottle and I get the following error message:

The program iexplore.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. This can be caused by a problem in the program or a deficiency in WINE, You may want to check http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility for tips about running this application

What is this program? IE 7 is a supported application

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWFJlUllzeFJya3ZIV1VMMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9